Saturday, September 11, 2021
GORTON COMMUNITY CENTER
400 E. Illinois Rd. Lake Forest, IL
- Awards will be given out following the race for Male and Female Overall winners and 1st, 2nd, and 3rd in each age category: 14 & Under, 15-19, 20-24, 25-29, 30-34, 35-39,40-44, 45-49, 50-54, 55-59, 60-64, 65-69, 70-74, 75-79, 80-84 and 85 & Over.
- There will be a separate award category for the adaptive participants.
- All participants in the Children’s Fun Run will receive a t-shirt, goodie bag and a medal.
- Results will be posted at the after party and online.
- Twilight 5K Run, Walk and Roll results are chip timed. Overall top three winners are determined by gun time and age group winners are determined by chip time.
- Click here for the Emergency Action Plan
- No pets, bikes or skateboards on race route allowed. Strollers are permitted but will be corralled in the back of the race participants.
- Course will be opened up to traffic after the last race participant or one hour, whichever comes first.
- Event Alert SystemA color-coded Event Alert System (EAS) will communicate the status of course conditions to participants leading up to and on race day. The levels range from Low (green) to Moderate (yellow) to High (red) to Extreme (black) based primarily on the weather, as well as other conditions.
- Our current event status is YELLOW which means we’re expecting less than ideal conditions because of the heat so SLOW DOWN/ BE PREPARED FOR WORSENING CONDITIONS.If this status changes before race day, participants will be notified via email and provided with preparation tips based on the weather forecasts.On race day, the current Event Alert System will be communicated via public address announcements and color-coded signs at the start and finish areas along with signs at the registration/packet pickup tables.All participants should familiarize themselves with the Event Alert System prior to the race, remain alert for directions from race officials and announcers and take precautions to prepare properly for varying weather conditions on race day.
Event Alert System table:
EVENT CANCELLED/ EXTREME AND DANGEROUS CONDITIONS PARTICIPATION STOPPED/ FOLLOW EVENT OFFICIAL INSTRUCTION High
POTENTIALLY DANGEROUS CONDITIONS
SLOW DOWN/ OBSERVE COURSE/ FOLLOW EVENT OFFICIAL INSTRUCTION/ CONSIDER STOPPING Moderate
LESS THAN IDEAL CONDITIONS
SLOW DOWN/ BE PREPARED FOR WORSENING CONDITIONS
ENJOY THE EVENT/ BE ALERT
INCLEMENT WEATHER POLICY
- If hazardous weather (i.e. lightning strikes, high heat, tornado watch or warning, etc.) is present or probable, GLASA will communicate related announcements on our Facebook and Twitter accounts (@GLASASports). We will begin making announcements at least 60 minutes prior to the start of the event if there appears to be a potential for changes. Please keep in mind that safety will be the primary focus of weather-related decisions. If there is inclement weather, the after party will be held in the Community Room in the Gorton Community Center. Masks will be required for everyone while inside the building.
- Parking available in the upper parking lot at the Gorton Community Center and in the Metra parking lot across from the Gorton Community Center. A limited number of parking for those with a disability will be available in the lower lot of the Gorton Community Center. No street parking will be allowed.
Shannon H. Hellen